Thursday, November 7, 2013

This is how we prepare for a baby

We have a baby girl coming in two months. I am not trying to teach my boys how to be quiet for the baby, nor how to hold her, or how they should behave. I'm letting them be as noisy as they want! I don't look forward to having to make them be quiet because the baby is sleeping and she's a light sleeper, so they have to keep it down or the baby will wake up and I'll be cranky and the world will fall apart.

Josiah asks me sweet questions. I told them last week that the baby is upside down in my tummy, so Josiah stands on his head and asks if that is the way the baby is:) He says that the baby will drink milk and some apple juice and I tell him "no, she'll only drink mommy milk" and he understands. He knows that she won't be able to walk yet and that she'll probably want to be held a lot. I hope they will understand when I am so tired I can't see straight. They probably will as that may or may not mean that they get to watch some television, I'm not saying:)

Josiah joins his brother in the bunk bed in a few weeks when he turns three. I hope that goes well. I'll be preparing the baby room at that point and I'm excited for that.

No comments: